What is Optimal Life Capacity?
Optimal Life Capacity occurs at the chemical and cellular level. The proper amount of each necessary nutrient determines whether cells have been given the proper materials to enable all the necessary chemical reactions to support life, take place. With substances missing, the chemical reactions that normally break old bonds of molecules down to create new bonds of molecules and new materials does not take place. This lack of new materials, which would normally be used to create energy, repair damage, make new cells, remove toxins, or fulfill one of the 37 thousand billion billion chemical reactions taking place per second in the human body is compromised, leading to a potentially downward spiral of health.
Cell health determines body health.
If someone is currently leading a life contributing to the creation of unhealthy cells, one unhealthy cell makes it more likely to create another unhealthy cell. We have about 37 trillion cells, so completing the process of deteriorating cell health to the point of death will take a while, but it will occur nonetheless.
Different types of cells have different functions and utilize different types of chemical reactions.
Optimally healthy cells make up optimally healthy tissue; optimally healthy tissue makes up optimally healthy organs. Optimally healthy organs make up optimally healthy systems, and optimally healthy systems make an overall optimally healthy total body. This, by the way, is the definition of optimal health and optimal life capacity.
The chemical level of health includes healthy hormones, neurotransmitters, and enzymes. Hormones and neurotransmitters enable cells to communication with one another. An enzyme acts as catalyst to bring about a specific biochemical reaction between two or more molecules.
Optimal Life Capacity may be thought of as driving a high performance sports car versus a sputtering, back-firing clunker.
Both types of cars may run and get you where you want to go, but they differ greatly in their fuel efficiency, speed, comfort, and frequent need of repair. Optimal Life Capacity is like the high performance sports car. It possess a strong motor, uses top quality fuel, runs very efficiently, has no oil leaks, is regularly maintained, never breaks down, and gets to your destination quickly. Unfortunately, for most people their life is much like the clunker; in that it receives the cheapest low quality fuel (low cost-nutrient deficient food), therefore the motor is not efficient (lacks nutrients), it does not run strong (cardio-vascuilar system run at a sub-par level), does not operate at racing speeds (barely can get up and moving after waking or sitting), has a few leaks (high blood pressure or high cholesterol), and frequently breaks down (gets sick or injured often). Who are you now, the clunker or the high performance sports car? Who do you want to be?
How can someone determine if their body is functioning at Optimal Life Capacity?
Look at the past year’s eating habits. If you are not consistently eating at least 3 or 4 servings of vegetables each day, it’s safe to say you are functioning at a lower level than optimal health. Vegetables contain the only source of many important nutrients needed to sustain optimal life.
What are the benefits of experiencing Optimal Life Capacity?
- Unlimited, exuberant energy. When was the last time you experienced this level of energy? Were you a child? Did you know it is possible to regain lost vitality, not using caffeine or other stimulants?
- Sharp mind, clear thinking, robust memory. Most times, diminished cognitive function declines slowly over time. It does not have to be this way. Healthy brain function into our 80’s In fact (add content), recent research indicates diet plays a greater role in developing Alzheimer’s than does genetics.
- Very low levels of stress. Stress is a normal part of life and will never go completely away. Experiencing optimal life capacity does not remove stress, however it equips the body to handle stress in a manner that does not negatively impact health.
- Rare incidence of disease or illness. Having a strong immune function, prevents germs, virus, and bacteria from causing sickness in the body. And when illness does occur, a quick recovery can be expected.
- Sound, satisfying sleep. Awake feeling refreshed and ready to start a new day.
How to obtain Optimal Life Capacity.
- Manage stress. If you do not already have a stress management plan in place, develop one. Subscribe to MHAWA and utilize the Chill Zone to manage stress.
- Get adequate rest and recovery time. Maintaining balance in life can be extremely difficult in this high tech world in which we live. Though difficult, making time for rest and recovery is critically Important in achieving optimal life capacity. During times of rest our body resets systems and repairs damage to cells. Think of it this way, each day the body receives adequate rest, it is filled to 100% capacity to function for the next day. Inadequate rest sets up the body to start at a level of less than 100%, such as 99% capacity. Each day that inadequate recovery occurs, the starting level of functionality becomes less and less with each passing day. No wonder many people start their day feeling exhausted, they start at lower and lower levels each successive day. Studies indicate 7 to 9 hours of sleep each night is ideal. Of course, there may be individual differences. Many people function very well by napping each day.
- Feed each type of cell the nutrients it requires for optimal functioning. This is a topic for many blog articles and cannot be covered thoroughly in one paragraph. Suffice it to say, eat a variety of nutrients from every color of the rainbow to maximize the benefits. Nutrients include protein, fat, carbohydrate, grain, nut/seed, fruit, vegetable, vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals, and enzymes.
- Minimize the body’s exposure to food or environmental factors that damage the DNA. The DNA is the part of your cell responsible for replicating new cells. It’s the blueprint and plan, guiding your cells on how to construct an exact duplicate of itself. Chemicals, pollutants, and radiation, for example damage DNA. Chemicals include artificial colors & flavors, preservatives, pesticides, and cleaning agents in your home.
How to help others experience Optimal Life potential & why it’s important.
- Share the purpose of MHAWA. Wellness coaching works. We’ve seen it happen time after time after time. The best method of educating individuals about health and guiding them to a state of empowerment to make lasting lifestyle change, is through coaching. Unfortunately most people do not have access to coaching. And if they do, it can be expensive for people with low incomes. We go into disadvantaged communities give health coaching away at no cost to those who desire improved health.
- Become a member of MHAWA. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, the membership fees we collect enable us to help others by giving complimentary health coaching to others.
- Donate to MHAWA. Donations help us bring empowered health to others.
- Improve the health of our nation. We share our services all across the nation. As more and more individuals become healthy, the health of our nation improves.
- Reduced need for medical care services. Healthy people need less medical care than unhealthy ones.
- Reduced costs for care. Following the law of supply and demand, reduced need/demand for care leads to lower costs.
- Save hard earned money. Reduced need for health care services also reduces the need to financially subsidize the health insurance coverage of others.